Monday, January 20, 2014

Sis Rebecca..Jan 21

Well folks, Time keeps moving past too quickly!

This last Monday we celebrated Sister Remington's 1 year mark!  She had never gotten her ears pierced as a child and her Mom had been a big advocate of no piercings (although she, herself has her ears pierced and wears earrings everyday).  Well, you know me and how much I like to convince people to do things.... :) Muhahahaha!!! 
We went to Claires and she got her ears pierced last monday!  The woman there seemed to not know how to react to two missionaries, and I suspect its not their usual clientell.  It was fun though, and she mainly decided to do it so she can have pretty earrings on her wedding day :)  She is surprisingly very happy about the decision, and our mission Present's wife thought it was a hoot when she found out I had been the sly convincer :) 

She now has an added sparkle in her eye from the sparkle in her ear :) 

Each 6 weeks we either have an interview with our mission President, or else a mission conference.  This transfer it was time for interviews!  President Jenkins got to meet with all 240 missionaries separately for 10 minutes each.  He had us come in there ready to answer this question: "What do you want to change about yourself on your mission, that will benefit you and your family for eternity?" I put this to prayer for days and days, but had trouble coming up with something I wanted to tell him.  I constantly feel like I want to change EVERYTHING, but I dont think that was the answer he was looking for!  I decided finally that I wanted to change my heart so that I can have more charity (the pure love of Christ).   I want to not only say things that are uplifting and say loving things to other people, but I need to change it first in my heart by having more charity for myself.  To achieve that, President and I agreed that I will study Charity in depth by studying the savior's life. Also, I will be praying for more charity constantly. I know that this will beneift me, my future family, and all those around me in the long run! 

I am a work in progress. 

But progress is the key word there :) It has been so excited to hear about how the family is progressing and truly BECOMING back at home!  My heart honestly swells to where it feels like it is too big to be contained in my chest when I hear about all that you are doing, and who each one of you are becoming.  

So the work here is also progressing!  Brother O IS LIVING THE WORD OF WISDOM 100%!!!!!!!! We went by his sketchy motel every day this week to encourage him and check on him.  On thursday night he had stopped smoking, but was chewing tobacco still.  We were pretty nervous for Friday, which was the big day.  But, he made it!  He had to pace around in circles for hours and reread conference talks over and over that we gave him, but in the end, our faith and our prayers brought a miracle!  It was a hard fast the day before, but it was one of the most meaningful and powerful fasts I have ever had.  I know that fasting and prayer works!!!
This time last year he was addicted to every single substance imaginable, and today he is clean and free of those influences. The faith he has has driven him to this point, and I am going to have to try my hardest to not bawl my eyes out when I see him in white on January 31st.  

Also, D is going to be baptized on February 1st!!! She was so prepared even when we first met her, and the Gospel really is just filling in those gaps she never knew she had.  I am so excited for her as well!!! 

I am going to wait to tell you more about the miraculous Rhonda, as well as Kenneth till when we meet with them again!  They are AMAZING and I cant wait to see where they both lead :)  The Lord is really blessing this area right now, and people are just popping out of the woodwork at an exponential rate/  

For the first time I have really been able to see just how quickly the Lord is hastening His work at this time!  This truly is the Lords work, and I hope everyone will continue to be a part of it!  Every one of us is needed at this time!  No more simple seed planting... its HARVEST TIME!!! 

Oh and I forgot to tell you about how Elder and Sister Beckstrand are finally gone!  We had a FUNNY farewell meeting on Friday where we presented them with a Blingy apron that we all signed (yes I was in charge of making it :) ) and a few other signed memoriums.  We all particpated in skits where we acted out our favorite moments with the beckstrands.  This was SO hilarious, and sister beckstrand might have used an entire box of tissues from all the crying she was doing with the laughing!  
Elder Beckstrand then finally got to perform his Chicken number for us.  I keep trying to send the video, but it is too big to send via email or facebook.  I will have to find a different way to get it to you :)  You will see in an instant why I love them so so much :)  

We greeted the Camerons this morning at the VC and gave them a tour.  I cant wait to get to know them better! 

I love you all and I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy! I have never been so sick so often in my life till this winter (I had a bad fever last night again and another stomach bug that wasnt quite as severe last week), but I hope that isnt universal!  Stay healthy and take care of those two pretty pregnant sisters of mine :)  (greyson and Rose will be so cute!!!!! eeeek!)

I Love you! 

Sister Becca Younce

No comments:

Post a Comment