Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Great Birthday Week!

 What a great week!!!!  Having my birthday at the beginning of the week was for sure a test… but I was determined to not get distracted.  Last monday (pday) I got the family birthday packages!!!  I was SO excited when I opened them to find so much princess stuff!!!  The sisters there were so amused and found it to be so fun!  I really am representing the south and southern royalty here!  We all put on the pink sparkly tiaras and a plastic necklace.  I put on the new aqua PJ’s while the other sisters prepared for a little birthday party! We made the cupcakes and reeses bars and used my princess plates!  We didn’t have too much time to celebrate, but we had a blast looking through all the princess stuff and putting up the princess banner and the awesome banner Rachel made!!! I loved it all, and I LOVED the presents!  Ya’ll spoil me….  All the sisters were asking… is Sister Younce turning 21 or is she turning 5?  Love it!!!  I also got to the VC Monday night and found a surprise there from the Moss family!  It was a huge basket of fun and useful things! (a true care package!) I loved it all!



Dad asked me jokingly last week if there was any way that he could get Sister Brown to make me breakfast in bed on Tuesday.  I mentioned it to her but told her not to worry about it! She said she would never do that or wake up early just to make me food!  I found to my surprise on Tuesday morning 2 goofy-expressioned sisters as they asked me to come downstairs for something.  They made me crawl back in bed (I had been blowdrying my hair and it was a poof!!!) and they sang to me and presented me with Strawberry waffles and eggs and fruit salad! It was SO sweet and I felt so spoiled! They all laugh at me constantly, but I know they enjoy it.  EVERY GIRL IS A PRINCESS! NEVER FORGET IT!!!




We had zone conference on my birthday which was awesome!  Sister Brown made it her day goal to tell EVERY SINGLE person we talked to that day that it was my birthday.  My day goal was to pretend it wasn’t my birthday and to not get distracted on my full work day.  Sister Brown won.

At lunch there were 2 zones eating after conference.  The food was DIVINE until both zones started singing happy birthday unexpectedly while my mouth was full.  Of course… in the normal Becca fashion, I screamed from surprise and nearly choked on my food.  It was fun!  The rest of the day was just a work day out in our area, but it was a good day overall.  I felt utterly loved and spoiled.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Speaking of food – I AM GAINING WEIGHT!!! Seriously, people need to stop making us desserts.  I had cake 6 times this past week.  The family that fed me on my birthday also somehow caught wind that it was my birthday and they made homemade (from scratch) pasta, bruschetta, and chocolate cake!  I mean… I even got sung to last night… nearly a week after my birthday and had to eat a triple sized piece of cake!  All I know is that next year… I am NOT telling anyone that it is my birthday.  It will be kept top secret!


We got to go to the temple on Thursday morning!  We had to wake up at 5 three days in a row this past week… and it was a struggle to stay awake inside.  Overall though… it was awesome!  The Mesa temple has GORGEOUS details on the top floor!  The pastels and beautiful light purple walls and the woodwork is simply adorable! I cant wait to go back!  The top floor is covered in the original murals and walking up the steps going to the top floor is so cool.  

Missionary work this week was so great! It is awesome to see some of the fruit of our labors from this past month!  We set 2 more baptisms this week for June 8th! Those two set for June 8th are super secure in that date, but my other investigator set for June 22 is still not quite set in stone.  Either way… I am so excited for the baptisms!  We also got to go and teach some referrals that we were about to drop, but that finally opened the door and let us in!  We taught quite a bit this week, and we found some really open minded people.  I am so excited to see what June will bring! 

I am finally really settled into my work here.  Next Saturday we find out transfer news.  Who knows if I will be staying with Sister Brown, or if I will be training someone new!!! Any guesses?


I love you all!!!! Happy anniversary mommy and daddy!  Write me!!!


I LOVE YOU!!!!
Sister Younce

No comments:

Post a Comment