Thursday, June 6, 2013

Full Field!

Ciao!!!!
So... Guess what??
IM FULL FIELD THIS TRANSFER!!! (for the next 6 weeks at least)  Two of my favorite sisters are leaving and we are getting SEVEN new VC sisters tomorrow -- 4 spanish and 3 english.  Sister Brown and I are staying together in our area. 
Honestly I never thought anything of "transfers" before.... but holy cow they are such big things!!!! We stress all week and everybody makes predictions and it gets pretty intense!  I couldn't sleep at all on Saturday night right after we found out the news! Just so all you normal people know.... TRANSFER WEEK IS A BIG DEAL!!!
I had been guessing for the past 2 or 3 weeks that I would be staying with Sister Brown another transfer so the fact that we were staying together came as no surprise.  When I found out Full-field though.... I cried a bit!  I was pretty sad that I wouldn't be with my Sisterhood each day in the VC :( Thankfully though I will see them at least once a week if not more.... and I still have the 4 sisters that are at my house! I started getting really excited about full-field on Sunday when I was telling the bishops and ward members.  Turns out that they are SO excited to have us full time!  As of right now we don't know where those people we can teach are hiding.... but since we can do tons of service and getting to know the ward members and the young women now... I bet referrals are in our future!
Sooooo it was 111 degrees the other day.... and that is "nothing".  Ahhh thankfully we are keeping our car but we will proabbly have to end up biking about half the time or so..... The worst part about this weather honestly is that I am always ALWAYS thirsty!!! I drink constantly then I have to go to the bathroom at literally every house we stop at.... sometimes twice!  I just can't stop drinking though!  My insides feel like they are baking cookies.  Seriously, I think I could eat cookie dough and then we can set the timer and DING! The cookies are baked! Its literally that hot.  Its weird seeing that it is in the 80's in NC.... luckies!!  The heat drains me and makes me feel nauseous during the day but its okay.  I bet my body will acclimate sooner or later!  I am just SO grateful for the car!!!!  Usually our area would be a bike area even for sisters but President took one look at my skin in our first interview and knew I was too delicate of a flower!  Thank goodness for that! We will just bike in the evenings I expect.
This past week 2 missionaries went home because of illness.  Our newest roomate that had taken the place of the other Sister that went home a few weeks ago due to illness was about 15 minutes away from going home as well!  She had migraines every day due to a concussion she go in the mtc from when she fainted from dehydration... and would throw everything up.  Once again the other sister in the house had to stay home and take care of her companion.  She was set on going home untill right before she was leaving and had already basically packed.  Her seminary teacher was able to talk to her and she had an epiphany.  For days after she questioned her decision because her illness only got worse and no amount of prescription meds seemed to help her.  Finally 2 days ago she went to the Chirophrator after having MRI's and all sorts of tests this week.  They adjusted her neck and WALAA!!! SHE IS ALL BETTER! She is so grateful she stayed and finally for the first time is able to work and continue learning her spanish.  Although she had no indication that she would be getting any better by staying on the mission... she did stay and now through an amazing Chiropractic miracle she is symptom-free!!!  It really was amazing to see her before and after that appointment.  She had been unable to keep anything down for a week and had been bed-ridden for almost the past 3 weeks.  Miracle! I love the sisters in the house I am in and I'm happy to know that we are all staying together for another transfer! (The other sister, Sister Schwartz, got an extension and will be going home in 6 weeks.  She has basically been my trainer as well). 


So........WE HAVE 2 BAPTISMS THIS WEEK!!! Lori is 50 and Ryan is 11.  They are SO prepared and are golden! We had to do some major commandments teaching this week but they are amazing and are prepared to follow anything and everything that is asked of them by God.  I feel SO blessed to have been able to be a part of this!  Their baptism is on Friday June 7th at 7 pm.  I have a feeling the whole ward will be there!  
Also, Faye Felts is planning on being baptized and she has come to Church 2 times this month and is planning on going indefinitely!  The ward has really taken them in and loves her and Ed dearly.  Although he has been dragging his feet for years, we have helped them to realize that they want to act now so they can be sealed together forever!  They are the cutest couple and are still so quietly playful and in love.  Just during out last lesson we challenged Ed to become worthy to baptize is wife!  HE IS GOING TO DO IT!  He hasn't been active in 50 years and this really is such a blessing to be here for this!  Hopefully we will have a baptism for Faye in the next month or 2!  
All of those baptisms are happening in the same ward.  That ward has really really caught the missionary spirit!  We are working hard to get our other 2 wards just as excited.... hopefully now that we are full field we can devote the time we need in order to do that!  

On a last note, Tanna came and visited me!!!!!  I forgot where I was for a minute and lost all of my dignity.  When I get too excited I just screech as you all know... and I, as a sister missionary at the Mesa VC, did that.  Embarassing! The other sisters had to shush me up!  Anyways, it was so exciting and I still love that girl so much!  Just imagine my reaction if any of you walked in :) I might scream... then pee my pants... then faint!
My mission president, President Ellsworth, is about to go home on July 1!  We will be splitting the mission in July and we will get our new mission president then as well! It's an exciting time here, but a very hectic one!  Poor mission President had to arrange transfers so that he could fit in the 10 Visa waiters (they could leave literally any day then he has to figure out the logistics for companion replacements, ward needs, housing... etc) and the 40 new missionaries arriving tomorrow! Along with all the missioanaries that keep getting sick and sent home.... He also had to go ahead and plan for and receive inspiration for which mission to put the missionaries in! So much pressure! We all prayed for him multiple times each day (especially in mission prayer which is a mission-wide prayer we all kneel down for daily at 7:55 am.  I love it!)

Anyways, this mission is great!  Things are looking up! (including the temperatures that are skyrocketing!)  I love you all so much!!! I can't wait to hear how awesome everyones summer is so far!  How has the weather been? When is the beach trip?  Bingley still coffee table sized? Lily and B saying any super cute things? (tell me about them! I want a laugh!!!) John and Dani still studying all the time? Mom and Dad still amazing?!!! Grandpa still coming over each Sunday?
I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Thank you for all your love and support.  I love your letters!!!!
ps.  Special thank you to Mom and Dad for sending me letters that I got this week :) I love letters more than I even love ice cream at this point! Mwah!

Sister Younce

No comments:

Post a Comment