Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Last Week of Monsoon Season 7/1/13


So I felt my first bit of humidity this morning!  We had a service project this morning where we weeded the flowerbeds in a portion of the temple grounds.  All of us VC sisters where out there in 105 degrees at 7 in the morning and then I noticed.... I felt sticky!  Even though it was nothing compared to NC humidity, it was way too much when added on to the Arizona heat!  It was pretty miserable and my shirt was completely soaked through with sweat in just minutes.  It was tickling to watch all the sisters get anxiety over weeding temple flowerbeds for fear that they would pull up a planted-plant on those holy grounds!  I'm certain the temple grounds gardeners are going to have to go back through and clean up our work significantly. I had fun watching the ants crawling below me drown in my sweat that kept gushing on them :) Each time I looked up from the flowerbed I was weeding, I thought I would see other sisters going through the same thing.... but nope!  Everyone looked fairly fresh still and the faces and shirts were all pretty dry.  I am starting to think that my body just flat out rejects the heat.  Sister Brown loves the heat, but thankfully she is merciful and is very understanding of me each day.  I have gotten bad headaches each day the past week or two.  I chug water all day every day because that is the only way to stay cool!  I end up at a member's home utilizing their "facilities" every 20 minutes as a result!  Ahhhh there is just no winning with this heat!  I dont ever intend on living in Arizona in the summertime once my mission is done!  The wintertime is great here, but I happen to agree with all the Arizona snowbirds here that evacuate Arizona for the summer! 
Our mission is now TINY in area! President Ellsworth left on Wednesday when our new President, President Jenkins took over!  Sister Clark got word last week that she was being sent home for good for health reasons and was gone the next morning.  We got a new sister in the house as Sister Schwartz's new and last companion! Her name is Sister Paries and guess what.... She is most recently from North Carolina!  Her family lives in Greensboro I believe, and since Sister Schwartz is from Atlanta, Georgia.... the southern ladies now outnumber the westerners!!! It's been fun to get to talk about the South and inform Sister Brown of funny southern traditions and fashions!  Sister Paries is super cute and is absolutely tiny -- probably 85-90 pounds?  I am the GIANT of the house once again!  I am basically the giant of the VC as well, besides one other sister.  But Ahhhhh! I have an NC sister in the house!  It has been odd having the house so quiet now that Sister Schwartz is no longer nursing a sick companion for the first time since I have met her!  It's definitely a missionary house through and through now!
Faye and Don are still all set for their baptisms on July 12 and 13!  Faye and Ed are keeping the Word of Wisdom and it was such a happy day when we found that out!  They are truly converted.... and I couldn't feel more blessed to be able to be a part of this process! Its so great to see the fruits of so many missionaries' and members' labors for the past 35 years!!!  I have a feeling that her baptism will be the most well-attended baptism in quite a few years here.  The stake president and all the stake bishops at least will be in attendance!
I have been humbled this week as I have realized how bad of a teacher I am!  I know so little, but the Lord makes up for my weaknesses each day somehow! 
I am reading in 3rd Nephi right now and I feel like I have NEVER read it before! The Book of Mormon is so amazing!
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! Byeee!!!
Becca


No comments:

Post a Comment